Monday, March 1, 2010

Say again??

There's something seriously wrong with my hearing sometimes. Today when buying yet another starbucks latte (I'm sure I'll kick this nasty expensive habit soon..hopefully...) this is what the girl taking my order said to me when I made my order.
(My question; Can I have a Vanilla latte to go please? )

- Have here or take away?

Sounds like your typical response to a coffe order, right? This is for real what I heard.

- You're bloody right u can!

I know, it's not even close to sounding similar but with the very thick accent that this girl had I am telling you that is what I heard. It's like the classic Ally Macbeal moment when they hear something completely different to what is actually being said. Pretty soon I'll start seeing weird dancing babies and that is when this blog goes silent cause I'll be in the loony bin with the rest of the crazies.

Let's hope it doesn't happen too soon though, I want to experience summer in London first. Looking forward to the festivals and making out in the park while the sun shines on me. Rain in London u say? No no, that's a myth. In my London fantasy it never rains and the starbucks are as free as a bird or someone doing a skydive. End of story.

Oh yeah, first day of work went along smoothly. That is cause I didn't really do much. I was supposed to learn from the people who just started like two weeks ago but they all went our for lunch together on fri and all managed to get food poisoning. Hopefully tomorrow will be more productive. I want to learn! I want to suck up the information like a sponge and become brilliant yet again at my job. Keep u updated of course.

3 comments:

nueve said...

I live across the street from a nut house... they seem to do okay. Every time I step outside for a quick fag somebody's outside enjoying the weather. It's pretty close to Finsbury Park, too... so I'm confident you'll get to have your make out sessions in a park if you want to! There's a rapist there so probably it won't be a problem to find a guy who'd be up for it, you know.

fingers said...

I have an assistant from the Czech Republic, with a thick accent and sublime bongos, but when she says 'Good morning Fingers' I swear I hear 'Smack a blue pig'.
It's so weird.
Especially since our pig is yellow...

Steph said...

lol, I have a problem similar to that, I just don't hear replies at all. I ask a question then tune out. Rude AND embarrassing when you have to ask it again.

Post a Comment