Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Inga from sweden

So I don't actually start working til next monday. This of course means that I have lots of extra time that I now don't need to spend looking for jobs or running on interviews (hooray!) The weather has actually been quite good since I got here. A few days it's even felt like spring with people walking around in t-shirts or shorts but naturally now that all I want to do is walk around London there's constant rain... Just wait til next week when I start working. That's when summer strikes I'm sure! I find that anytime the weather is less than perfect here I just remind myself of the weather in sweden. Snowstorm vs rain? Think I'll keep the rain.

Tomorrow I am having A over for a swedish dinner. He hasn't seen my place yet since we're always at his so now it's time. When he came to Sweden for a visit in dec I made him meatballs and mashed potatoes which was a big hit. He especially fell for the lingonberry. So this is what he's requested for tomorrow. I am also stopping by Scandinavian Kitchen to pick up some swedish semlor that I've asked them to put aside for me. Going all out for the swedish meal!

After all this hard work he better put out I tell you!

1 comments:

Lisette said...

Klart han måste:) Låter som du har det helt underbart måste jag ju säga! Nej här är inget roligt väder alls. Var -28 när jag gick till jobbet i morses å det var 18 grader inne... Barnen fick ha dubbla filtar på sig när de soc å fingrarna på mig vart blå. I söder har de stängt en del förskolor men här i Norr är vi härdade... eller?

Post a Comment